Ask Richard and he will tell you that this recipe is most certainly my go-to gem for using overripe bananas.
Simple, low in fat (I use applesauce instead of butter or oil), moist, sweet, filling, and perfectly studded with chocolate chips!
Best Ever Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins // from SparkRecipes
Yields 12 muffins
3 large (ripe) bananas
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or melted unsalted butter)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mash bananas with a fork.
3. Add sugar, egg, and applesauce. Mix until just combined with the bananas.
4. Combine dry ingredients. Add this to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Ensure that there are no dry chunks of flour!
5. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Lightly spray muffin tin with canola oil and fill each slot 3/4 with batter.
7. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown on top.
8. Enjoy warm for best results!
I love how these muffins are always flecked with melty and rich milk chocolate chips. Also, how cute are these plates that I snagged at Two Old Birds in Raleigh? I bought the beautiful set of 4! Perfect for parties – dessert or appetizers!
Gah, now I need to go eat one.