I’ve finally found my go-to recipe for Buttermilk Pie!
Buttermilk Pie // slightly adapted from this recipe on Food.com
Yields 1 pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 deep dish pie shell (I bought mine at Whole Foods)
Maldon sea salt, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until well incorporated.
3. Add the eggs and beat; then beat in vanilla.
4. Stir the dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternately with the buttermilk; beat until smooth.
5. Pour into a deep dish pie shell and bake at 375°F for 10 mins, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 45-55 mins.
6. Pie top will turn a nice golden brown. Use a knife to determine if the inside is cooked through, as it should come out clean.
7. Chill overnight.
8. Slice and enjoy!
Richard and I both highly approve this recipe. (More wife points for me!)
I finally splurged and bought a box of Maldon’s Salt and I’m SO glad I did. Big, chunky flakes of sea salt add a nice crunch to the top of this custardy pie.
I hope you’ll try it!